Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

My Figures library & Co

I wrote earlier about my collection of figures to show you how I save and easily find back to my favorite figures. But still, these figures are not the chosen ones! That collection is a kind of waiting room for nice moves. I collect and maintain these rows for the day I want to have some new movements or variation on the old giros in my daily dance. Some of these suggestions will never advance to the spreadsheet I call for FIG library. On this spreadsheet I keep the figures I have seriously worked on! Most of the videos show moves from my workshops but my favorites from youtube channels are also included.

FIG library

For these videos I like to have some more information. Sometimes it has been interesting to check the year and month when the steps were initiated to my dance or when I  was working on them for the first time. It has been fun to check what was going on in 2009? What teachers I had then? Just use the filter for that column and you have the information. There is also a column to group the figures, usually about 20-30 rows/items to go together, based on the teacher but sometimes on a theme as canyengue or something. These groups I can easily dance through during a tanda on a practica. At the beginning I made an MP3 file telling me every 20s a new move and for a tango tanda 26 was a good number. Today I try to memorize the lists instead.

The column NUMBER is useful when I have filtered a selection and need to know how many items fit the criteria. No counting of rows but I just place the cursor on the column top letter and in a click I can read the result in the right down corner. Easy and fast!

When I decide to work on a figure in the Collection I cut-copy it and paste it to the Fig library. With other words I add it to the Library and remove it from the Collection.

You maybe want to have all your stuff on one sheet and it is totally up to you. If you change your mind later you can separate them into two sheets. You can still keep them together in the same workbook. There is a tab for each of them as you see at the bottom of the picture.


If you click the picture above it opens up in a new window and you see it clearly!

 

Teacher Notes and other observations

It was too easy to forget what the teacher has told me during a private lesson or on a workshop. I maybe had the correction in mind for some time but afterward I just continue in the old way. Now I write a line for everything I hear from her or him and I read these notes regularly to remind me of the changes needed.

There are labels like body lead attitude abrazo . . . . .
The second level labels are Hand arm foot leg hip timing . . . .

When I read these notes I remember vividly what it was about and hopefully it will develop and come to daylight on some milonga in the future!


Today I am also experimenting with a new sheet for repetitions of the groups in the FIG Library. It is annoying to participate, pay the fee, traveling and stay but forget the most of the content later on. This sheet is for my solo training and it will carry information about my activities so I know what content I have repeated on a specific week. I can easily check if something needs to be repeated again and in this way I don't forget a group of favorites! Coming back about this when I feel that it is working ok!

I use here also the freezed headings and filtering functions. This video shows shortly how!


No comments:

Post a Comment